- Party Lights (PL) guarantees all products to be original and genuine new products from the respective manufacturers.
- It is your responsibility to research if the product will meet your needs, before you buy it from us.
- It is your responsibility to download and install the latest software version for your machines (as applicable). Do not do a firmware update yourself - if the manufacturer suggests such an update, ensure you have a stable internet connection before attempting it.
- We are happy to refund, repair or replace (where possible) any item which is defective within 1 (one) year of purchase, on condition that a valid receipt is provided, and that the goods have not been deliberately or negligently damaged. This applies to all goods against manufacturer’s defects and as per respective manufacturer’s warranties.
- We generally do not accept returns if the correct item has been shipped to you.
- Before you return the item(s) to us, email us to state the problem. Most problems can be resolved yourself by referring to our DIY / Troubleshooting guide.
- If you are unable to rectify yourself, email us with your troubleshooting attempts; thereafter we will ask you to return the item to us.
- Use the physical address listed at the bottom left of our website.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs to return the item(s) to us (in RSA).
- We require a reasonable time to assess the product for defects.
- If found to be a manufacturer’s defect, PL will ship the repaired product back to you free of charge (within RSA only).
- Customers must use the products within the limits and purpose for which the product was intended.
- If the item is out of warranty or other servicing is required, a free quotation will be provided before any repairs are undertaken.
- For paid orders (but not yet shipped), we reserve the right to charge an admin fee (minimum R10), and re-stocking fee (approx 20% of the item value).
- We suggest you rather use the credit towards a future purchase.
Guarantees for lights:
Our lights are IP20 rated for indoor use – use outdoor at your discretion and using proper precautions.
If used outdoor (even with shrink-wrapping at the LED connection points), the strings will be exposed to outdoor elements (rain and sun and wind) and they will discolour and perish over time, and water will seep into the LED connection points and show signs of rust. We cannot predict how long an item will survive the outdoor elements; therefore, we cannot provide any guarantee for lighting products.
You need to satisfy yourself that these lights are fit for your purpose.
We retail the lights as-is, and we will guarantee that they will work when you receive them (and for a reasonable 7 days after you receive them, for the purpose of testing your order).
In other words, they are guaranteed against DOA (dead-on-arrival).
We regularly supply various function venues with our lighting products. We continuously recommend improvements to our supplier as per feedback from our customers. We have been using the same supplier for 5 yrs+.